Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell


In and of itself, Powell's endorsement of Barack Obama was a coup of monumental proportions, revealing just how politically and morally bankrupt the American Republican Party has become (and no, I think his decision had very little to do with race). What was probably even more heartening (and unfortunately, probably overlooked by most) in Powell's statements to the media was the commentary he made regarding the unfair and malign treatment that this election has directed towards America's Muslims (the abuse has come from both parties, though it has been more subtle on the part of the Democratic Party).

Kudos General Powell.

Paz.

P.S. -- I promise a post or two is on the way regarding my travels over the past month. I've been preoccupied with grad student things unfortunately.

1 comment:

pocketdoc said...

Oh good...hadn't heard from you in a while and was hoping you were just busy and not kidnapped or something! Just started peds, myself. Gonna miss you at the Halloween party this year!